Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Herbs and Vegetable Garden at home!


My wife and I have our very own herb garden going this year.  In our experience, mint, basil, tomatoes, and hot peppers grow really well on a pot.  We have to rely on pots since we are apartment dwellers and dont have any real land.  Regardless, I wanted to share our luck this year with you all.  We are also experimenting with green peppers, string beans, and spinach this year!  All seems to be growing well. I'll keep you posted!
Spinach!
Gardening is awesome.  It relieves stress.  Picking your own food freshly and eating is really comforting.  Watching the seedling grow into edible food is kind of cool.  If anyone is interested in tips/pointers: drop me a line. I will post more pics up as they grow!
Green String beans!
sweet basil, italian basil, and green peppers! 
Mint = Mojitos! (click for my own recipee)



view of 'garden'



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Basil chicken..... nice...been growing some plants indoors but haven't really gotten to the food part yet. Make sure you get the seeds of the Basil and Peppers so you can replant them next year.